Friday, September 18, 2009

Fullmetal Alchemist 23

The new Fullmetal Alchemist series, subtitled Brotherhood, is now ongoing. This series is a faithfull adaptation of the manga, and I haven't found much, if any, distinction between both works. FMA has been on a roll lately, and I am really liking the episodes until now. Leaving that aside, the episode starts with Lin's escape, and Glutonny and King Bradley follow behind, leaving Lin and Lan Fan in a pinch. They are saved because of a well thought trap by Lan Fan who discards her wounded arm in order to allow them both to escape.

I'll admit I did not like Lin when he was introduced. In fact, I really desliked him for some apparent reason I cannot recall. Lately however, I've been thinking that maybe I was exagerating a bit, and I should reconsider my position about him. This episode definitly made my opinion of him take a 90 degree turn. He gallantly protected Lan Fan in both the past episode and in this one, all while showing his true skills as a fighter. And he captured Glutonny. And to think all he needed was a grenade and a iron wire...

The hurray of this episode goes to Mei for ruining the dramatic atmosphere between Scar, Ed and Al, and leaving everyone disoriented by performing alchemy from distance and running away with Scar.
She forgot her little panda in the mess though... care to guess who found it? Al did. And got lectured by Edward on always picking up lonely animals. Finally, Ed, Roy and company learn of King Bradley's true identity as an homonculus by Lin.
This episode was very good. It had a combination of action-filled to heavy emotional scenes, incluiding when Winry realises her feelings for Ed. Despite that, I'm more looking forward to the next one where the gang finally confronts Glutonny's true form.

Edit: I said it was episode 29, my bad, it was episode 23



"Otakus are basically islamic extremists that traded
religion by an unhealthy passion of anime and manga. Well, otakus don't blow up towers, so they're a bit different."

No comments:

Post a Comment