Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bakemonogatari episode 12

Bakemonogatari is most likely, the show that earned my admiration and dedication the most this season. The characters, their stories, their mannerisms, the dialogues.... until now, I laughed, I rejoiced, I snickered, I was moved and I was touched by Bakemonogatari. And I'm proud to say that I also nearly cried with it, aswell.

The episode marked the much-needed return of Senjougahara, who had been MIA since Nadeko Snake Arc, complemented by more of her foul mouth and teasing of Araragi. She tells him to go on a date with her, and he reluctantly agrees. How, if he knew what he was in for. Her father, driving them, and more foul-mouth and physical teasing ensues.

What really touched my heart, and marked me for this episode, was how openly Senjougahara talked to Araragi in the end, even about her fears and past memories she was not fond of, and clearly stated how much he means to her. In return, he too proclaimed his feelings for her without hesitation. It was simple and it was beautiful. You can't possibly get an idea of what it was really like just through my words, but believe me when I say that it was an amazingly deep and romantic scene. Coupled with the very fitting music, I simply loved it.

If you want to understand what I'm talking about, do watch the anime. I'm sure you won't regret it (ok, almost sure you won't regret it ^_^)

--------------------------------------------------------

"- My ability to help you study, my cute kohai, my blunt father, and the stars. This is all I have. This is all I can give you. This is everything." Senjougahara Hitagi, to Araragi Koyomi, in Episode 12 of Bakemonogatari

No comments:

Post a Comment