Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kampfer episode 1


I really do not know how I ended up watching a yuri anime. Well, it's not actually yuri. Okay, it is, but at the same time it's not. Confused? (I hope so)
Senou Natsuru is your regular high school student, that has been chosen to become a Kampfer in order to fight the other kampfer. However.... to use his kampfer powers he has to transform into a girl, just cause kampfers have to be female. Yep, you read that right. Blessed be gender-bender! Not so confused anymore? Good.

First thing I liked about the Kampfer: it's funny. No seriously, it's not just the dialogue or stuff, it's the setting and irony of the situation the main character has gotten himself into. Confused much again?
Natsuru is in love with his school's "idol" Kaede Sakura, and saves her as a girl during her/his fight with miss "I'm-shy-please-don't-misunderstand-me-I'm-not-talking-about-sexual-things-and-my-alter-ego-when-I-transform-is-violent". That's quite a mouthful! Wait... did I just throw a sex joke at myself? Ahem, anyways, after Natsuru saves Sakura, she falls in love with him! Well, her, in this particular case. Confused again? Lets review it then.
He is in love with a girl, who is in love with his female self, therefort rending his rival himself/herself.

Pffft.... ahahahAHAHAAHAHAH! See the irony now? Ok, but honestly, it seems like a reasonably good anime, in all aspects, and I really want to see how the situation resolves. ^^


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Otakus are basically islamic extremists that traded
religion by an unhealthy passion of anime and manga. Well, otakus don't blow up towers, so they're a bit different."

No comments:

Post a Comment